Friday, January 28, 2011

A Birthday Boy and some other things

Wednesday was Canaan's 2nd Birthday. We went to Red Robin Tuesday night to celebrate and Eli put his balloon on Canaan's chair the next morning. (Canaan's had popped on the way home) All day long he was saying "my appy ertday." We got the boys up early so that we could have a special birthday breakfast before Daddy left for work. We had monkey bread and omelets and I was ready to go down for a nap by 8:30! :)
\


The rest of the day was spent doing normal boy things like becoming underwear superheros. 

And spending time with this little blue-eyed boy:

I have been working or Canaan's birthday present for a couple of weeks, ever since I made one for my nephew, Jeremiah, a couple weeks ago. I finally finished it yesterday (which is NOT late, because we're not having his party until Sunday:)
Here's a few pictures of the finished product:

The barn has a pocket inside to hold little finger puppet animals 
The shapes have snaps so that you can take them off and match them 
The number flaps all have that many beads sewn on underneath and the mailbox has will have a letter in it you can take out (i ran out of white felt)
It was fun to make...and probably more involved that I originally planned...but maybe one day I can make some more...hopefully with a serger to do the edges of the pages...flipping them is too much work :)

Also, I wanted to make sure I left a picture of the finished igloo that the guys slept in a few weeks ago. It was more like a huge snow cave. Fun for them, but I was more than happy to get out of it once i got in for a few minutes. 

(from the inside)

1 comment:

Dayna said...

I LOVE the busy book! Oh my word! Did you design it yourself? Wonderful job! You are so talented.